The Old Man's Beard or Clematis 'Bill Mackenzie

Morgush- A climbing flower in our garden!


This flower has always made me curious and amazed. I do not know its English name, we call it Morgush in Shina language; Google’s image has helped me find some similar flowers. One is called Clematis 'Bill Mackenzie, and the other flower which resembles this one in my garden has a unique name *The Old Man's Beard*! Anyhow, both the flowers belong to the same family. According to internet sources, Clematis 'Bill Mackenzie is a vigorous specimen that, under favorable conditions, can reach a height of between 4-8 meters with an approximate width of 2.5-4 meters. It has a tiny yellow flower initially, and later, it turns into this beautiful white flower that is quite unique. It is a climbing flower that survives in winter too. I have seen its green leaves in early winters. During my research, a source says its bloom appears from June to November. Since I am not a botanist, neither I observed its growth cycle. I only rely on Internet sources. The source says each flower is 6-7, and after the first set of yellow flowers finishes, a silky crown-like flower blooms form beside newly opened blossoms.


Comments

Popular Posts